Terms & Conditions & Refund Policy
1. Membership is subject to the satisfactory completion of all account opening formalities. We will make a search with a credit reference agency, which will keep a record of that search and will share that information with other businesses. We may also make enquiries about the principal directors with a credit reference agency. Please note that any information received can be divulged to third parties.
2. Accounts are rendered to members on the 8th of each month (e.g. stock invoiced to you from suppliers Jan 1st - 31st appears on our Feb 9th Statement). Non receipt of your statement should be reported to Savewell by the 15th of the month.
3. Queries must be reported by return to enable us to resolve them immediately.
4. Payment is by Direct Debit on the 21st monthly*. All goods remain the property of Savewell until paid for in full by the member.
*Note - if, for any reason, your Direct Debit is returned unpaid then your account will be immediately suspended.
5. Late payment will incur a late payment interest charge of 3%.
6. Temporary hardship may be discussed with the General Manager, but should be reported before payment is due.
7. Suppliers must not be paid direct, except where indicated in our approved list of suppliers. This is of paramount importance as Savewell receives settlement discount by paying suppliers promptly.
8. In addition to the preferential terms listed in the “Approved Suppliers” list, members are also entitled to a share in the Company’s surplus distribution, providing payments have been made to terms. This is in the form of a bonus payable in arrears, based on members’ total purchases through Savewell suppliers. This will be automatically credited to your account.
9. Please note details of your account will be provided to all listed suppliers, who may contact you by letter, telephone or email.
10. The company reserves the right to immediately suspend membership should it transpire that any false information has been given.
11. There is a monthly contribution towards costs of £10.66.
12. This contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
13. The Customer grants Savewell an irrevocable license to enter his/her premises to repossess any goods held in trust for Savewell or any other goods equivalent in value to the amount owed.
1. Refund Policy
1.1 No Goods which are accepted by the Customer except for designated Sale or Return items may be returned for credit without the prior written consent of the Company or the Company’s nominated supplier.
2. Delivery Policy
2.1 The Company shall arrange for the delivery of the Goods to the Customer and the Customer hereby irrevocably authorises the Company and its representatives including the Company’s nominated supplier to enter upon the Customer's premises for the purpose of delivering the Goods. Delivery of the Goods shall be completed on the Goods' arrival at the Customer's premises. Any levy, tolls, fees or congestion charges reasonably incurred by the Company in performance of the delivery and subsequent return journey shall be reimbursed by the Customer and shall be due on the date of payment to the Company in accordance with the credit terms granted in respect of the Goods delivered.
2.2 Any dates quoted for delivery are approximate only, and the time of delivery is not of the essence. The Company shall have no liability to the Customer for any delay in delivery of the Goods.
2.3 At the time of delivery a copy invoice/delivery note shall be signed by the Customer or by such other person appearing to have authority to sign on behalf of the Customer and the copy invoice/delivery note shall be conclusive evidence of delivery and acceptance of the number of cartons/outers delivered.
2.4 Claims for shortages, damaged (where such damage is reasonably apparent on inspection of the Goods) or incorrect Goods must be notified to the Company by the end of the next working day (meaning any day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday during which clearing banks are open for non-automated business in London). Please note that if the Customer does not report the missing items to the Company within this timeframe, then you may not subsequently receive credit for these goods.
The Customer must speak to Customer Services of the Company who will provide a Reference number (this is the reference number for your claim). For damages on delivery the Customer is required to refuse delivery and agree the damage with the driver, identify the item (Item Code) on the delivery advice, and amend the outer count. The Customer must not just sign this as having been short delivered as this causes confusion and can lead to rejected claims queries.
Any liability of the Company or the Company’s nominated supplier, for shortages, damaged or incorrect Goods, or in respect of non-delivery of Goods, shall be limited to replacing the Goods or, in the case of non-delivery, delivering replacement goods of similar description and quality within a reasonable time or issuing a credit note in respect of such Goods against any invoice raised for such Goods.